CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Michigan - part two

Kate was quite proud when she worked up the courage to pet the goat
Then we got on the wagon ride to go pick some apples

Mommy and Olivia
Our family
This is when we're glad for a tall daddy!!
The first apple
Kate LOVES apples and was in her glory. She ate 3 whole apples before I cut her off
Olivia just liked supervising the bag
Mommy and Ava
Grandpa and Olivia
Most of the good apples were all at the tops of tree. Mommy and Grandma were worthless except for moral support. Good thing Grandpa and Daddy were around!

Kate reaches for a good one.

The prize
All of our apples
Can't believe it's almost been 7 years!
Kate and Olivia loving on each other
Kate's "cheese"
Then came the best part - the donuts!!!
These are seriously the best donuts I've ever had anywhere . . .and I don't even like donuts that much. They beat any cider mill in the area and are worth every calorie laden bite. I kind of want one right now. . .hint, hint anyone? : )

Kate is smiling in this picture believe it or not. It's her latest camera face and we're not sure where it came from. : )
The girls were super pumped to jump in the castle
Having fun
Another afternoon, my mom and I went shopping a little bit and took Ava.

While we were looking at shoes, Ava found a pair for me she thought I needed to have and were "BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!"
The twins snuggling grandpa
An even bigger bonus of the weekend?

Auburn and Braden came into town for saturday night with some friends. Ava was thrilled to see one of her favorite people.
She thought she was pretty neat to hang out with the big kids
Around 11:00, Kate and Olivia came trotting out and thought they needed to join the fun too. I let them have 5 minutes of fun before shuffling them back to bed. : )
Auburn has been such a blessing in my life and my girls. I'm so thankful to be her aunt! It was fun to get some time with her too.
Whew . . .with that I'm done for this time. : )

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like SO much fun!!! Lots of cute pics of you all! I love the tall Daddy and Grandpa lifting up the girls to get the apples - so cute!

mom Bahr said...

It was a special weekend - blessed with lots of family time, perfect weather and lots of memory making moments!