CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

28 weeks

We had our 28 week appt and ultrasound today. It's always so much fun to get to see the girls (we got confirmation again today that one of them at least is still a girl) : ). It was extra fun to have Ryan along this time too.

Both girls had good movement, good heartbeats, good measurements (on track) and good fluid levels (which I was worried would start being a problem since that is why I was induced with Ava).

Another huge praise was the fact that my glucose and hemoglobin levels were really great . . .especially considering I'm carrying twins. In fact, they both were better than when I was pregnant with Ava. So hurray for no diets (although not that it would be all that bad for me to eat better). : )

Currently, baby A was measuring at 27 weeks, 5 days with a weight of 2 lbs 9 oz (they want their measurements within 2 weeks of your gestation).

Baby B was measuring at 28 weeks, 1 day with a weight of 2 lbs 8 oz. It's crazy to think how close we're getting to babies who could come home from the hospital! I'm starting to panic about what we still need to get done.

But both girls seem to be right on track and doing great which we're so thankful for!

I've been feeling much better since I've slowed down, albiet tire pretty easily. I currently measure bigger than I did the day I delivered Ava (as I should) and I am starting to daily shake my head and ask how my belly is going to keep stretching for 2 more months! I may just start wearing a cow bell in another month. : )

I find myself riding a see-saw of wanting to be assured they won't let me go past a certain time frame so I"m not a complete whale (movements are starting to get pretty ackward and I"m definately noticing the extra weight on my back) . . ..with wanting to avoid induction at all costs if I can. As some of you know, I had a horrendously awful and VERY long post-partum recovery with Ava which I am convinced is partly due to being induced. So it's kind of one those, "one day at a time God!"

And even when I try and pretend to myself that I can control any part of when or how these babies will come, I know in reality the 3 of us are all in God's hands and He'll get us through whatever outcome we find ourselves in. So it's a daily conversation of surrender on that end! And some days, it's an easier surrender than others.


Thanks so much for all your continued prayers!!

8 comments:

Katie said...

glad to hear you are doing great. You really do look wonderful!!!

Mindy said...

Glad everything looked good at your appointment! I agree with Katie, you do look great!

Unknown said...

what a great praise for all 5 of you! i love you!

Amber said...

thanks girls. : )

Anonymous said...

Thank the Lord for His faithfulness and for taking care of so many details in this special journey for you, Ryan and all the girls! You are doing a great job Amber, and we pray that God will continue to 'uplift' and bless you all. with love and hugs for Each of you! xoxooxooxox, mom

Krista said...

just a word of encouragement to you, as I am also sitting around waiting and playing the "how will it happen?" game...

I also had a horrendously long and difficult recovery from my first birthing experience. I had two epidurals which made me very sick, and lost over a liter of blood which nobody ever thought to connect to a depression I never thought to ask for help over.

But my second experience was TOTALLY DIFFERENT. My recovery was only a fraction of the first time. I learned that just as two people have different experiences, so too every delivery is a different experience.

You are so right, you are just along for the ride. God is in control, and he will take care of all the details. That is what I am clinging to in these my last few weeks, and I will pray the same for you. All the best.

Amber said...

Thanks for the reminder Krista and encouragemen! . .. I'll be prayerful for you and your new little one too!: )

Kristi J said...

Just found your blog through someone elses...We're expecting Baby #5 by adoption any time now!! I just posted a pic of me pregnant with my 4th baby..I had gained 80 lbs with a "single" baby!! I was bigger than all my friends who had twins..and I know tons of people around here with twins..and I measured bigger than all of them...don't know why!! I entered the hospital to deliver..and the receptionist said, "oh you're having twins"...NO..too funny...go look at my pic...you'll feel much better, ha....and chasing a lot of young kids will take the weight right off, nice meeting you, kristi