CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

yes, we're still here!

Sorry for the blog silence - we were off to Michigan for New Year's and Christmas with my family. It was so good to be "home." I have to admit, a part of me was a little extra sentimental knowing that for the next few years, my visits home will be quite a bit busier. : )

Ava had a blast roaming all over Grandpa and Grandma's and playing until she dropped with all her cousins (and mommy loved watching it!).

We got back monday night and it's been a flurry of stuff ever since. We're working on getting Ava's room done by this weekend with a hopeful move starting sometime next week.

Gulp.

I was doing ok until I came out of Ava's room one night after checking on her before we went to bed and Daddy said, "it's her last week in her crib."

Way to make a pregnant lady sentimental.

But my parents have a toddler bed in their basement at home and Ava thought she was pretty cool when she'd climb up, lie down and have me bundle her up. So I do think she'll think this is neat. It might take mommy a day or two.

The list of things "to do" before babies come is starting to blatantly stare me in the face.

Not to mention the Christmas Decorations that mock me as I pass them by. We did get the tree taken down last night.

So with all that said, if I'm not quite as "verbal" these next few days or so, know it's because we're busily trying to get things done, before I can't do them anymore!

I'll try to get some of our pictures from Michigan up sometime soon . ..but until then, here's Ava and some of her cousins before we opened up presents with my parents.




Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Krista said...

yeah, I was just getting ready to check to see if there was baby news! hopefully you've got several weeks yet, but my own impending any-day-now sensations made me wonder if that was the reason for your silence.

welcome home, and don't worry... I've been here the whole time and my tree isn't down yet either. despite my best intentions.

Kristi J said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I weighed 200 lbs in that picture. I can tell a huge difference in my face but I guess you'd have to know me now..80 lbs smaller...:) I also don't swell...I can still wear my wedding ring in delivery at 200 lbs...I have really low blood pressure, so all my weight gain is really fat...I guess I"m just really hungry when I'm prego, ha. Nice meeting you, Kristi

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for our family in 2009!! I love you Amber Leigh.

xoxo from Atlanta.