CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 12, 2008

contrary to what you'd think . . .

So it's been a bit of a silent blog this week again. Sorry! You'd think I'd have been running around getting lots lof things done with a spotless house - right?!

For the sake of transparency, let's just throw that idea out the window - shall we?

Although the exciting news is that these piles of clothes outside the laundry room DOES mean that laundry is in the process of completion today! : )



So what have we been doing?
(contrary to the other popular opinion that may have been formed by the pictures, I promise it wasn't nothing! : ) )

We're in the process of redoing Ava's big girl room!

I say the "we" loosely.

My cousin Brandon is here this week doing alot of the painting for us. It's been so fun to have him here and Ava loves playing his shadow. She wakes up every morning and from her naps asking where he is and wants to go find him. I'll have to get a picture of the two of them.

But I have been running around finding some extra pieces for the room, picking up paint, lunch (have to keep the help happy you know!) and trying to keep Ava out of Brandon's hair.

Oh - and did I mention grow two babies in the meantime?

Thank you. I'm quite tired too. : )

Once things have reached a more "completed" state (it may be another week or so), I'll have to post some pictures. But I've LOVED how the color turned out. It's been fun to finally see things start to come together.

And here's just one more snapshot into our week - Ava and Annika playing while Ryan was home on his lunch break tuesday. What fun little girls.

Happy Birthday Annika. We love you lots!





5 comments:

Mindy said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Now I know my house looks "normal"! (Although I don't have the two babies growing in my tummy to use as an excuse :) )

I'm excited to see pictures of how Ava's room turns out!

Brooke said...

Wow, I love how that last picture has Ava with this great smile, and Annika with her "what?" face. Too funny. :)

Amber said...

Yep - she was smiling and having fun and every time I tried to get her to look at the camera, that's the face I got. It was too funny.

I have 3 pictures I tried and they all have this look from Annika like, "umm, we're trying to play here." : )

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being such an angel to Brandon, plus 'angels' have more important things to do than clean, wash and organize! Thanks Amber, Ryan and litle Ava once again - and thanks Brandon for the great help! ever grateful with lots of love, mom

M said...

Amber, I read your blog every so often (maybe once a week?) to catch up on how you're doing. I get warm fuzzies every time I see Ava, and I nearly cried from happy thoughts seeing Ava and Brandon together. Thanks for all you do. Love, Michelle