CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It's our Christmas prayer for you that regardless of the joys, sorrows or struggles that you've known this past year, that the peace of God can be real for you and your family. HE is our reason for celebration: yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Our little munchkin grows up with each and every new day. Ava loves to talk, dance, or sing . . .and has even been known to attempt all three at once. : ) At 16 months, there isn't a word she won't try and more and more I see her initiate words on her own. It's so fun to see her communication increase with every day. Her energy level at times exhausts me but I delight in how she delights in the world she's been given and am thankful for such a happy and healthy little girl. Her compassion and care when playing with her dolls lets her daddy and I know that she'll make one great big sister. Her next big milestones to come shortly? A smooth (or so we're praying!) transition to her big girl room, a final good-bye to her bottle (she only gets it before bedtime) and, yes, did I mention two new sisters on the way?
Ryan and I continue to look back on this past year in amazement at how much our lives have changed and in both excitement (and a little trepidation!? : ) ) at what the upcoming year may hold. We're so thankful that God is a never-changing constant as we ride the rollercoaster of parenting and anticipate two more little girls. Ryan makes a world-class daddy and is a constant blessing to me with all his help and encouragement throughout the pregnancy and in day-to-day mommyhood.

I've been thankful for an overall, very healthy pregnancy - although to even try and describe this time around as "different" seems to be an understatement. At my appt this morning, I measured at 36 weeks (seemed accurate to me!), although currently find myself in my 27th week of pregnancy. I alternate between being amazed how fast and smoothly these past months have gone with wondering how my body is going to make another 2 1/2 months! Yet with the current activity level of these two little girls within me, I think I'll cherish the relative quiet these remaining months will bring (I think they'll be able to keep up with Ava just fine). : ) We look forward to another look at our little girls next week where we'll start getting an idea of their sizes as we anticipate their soon (but not too soon) arrivals.



As we praise God for the miracles of babes in our own family, I have to marvel at the miracle of ONE PERFECT little baby's birth many years ago. He is our reason for Hope and I pray He can be yours as well.
Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Marie Stork said...

Merry Christmas Amber! I will keep praying for you and your pregnancy that all continues to go well and you make it to the point the good doctors would like to see you get to.

sarah.flyingkites said...

Merry Christmas!

(Ava is adorable!!)

Unknown said...

Amb - I love the pix of the three of you! You look absolutely fabulous, Ryan looks like the proud father and husband and Ava, as always, looks full of life and just beautiful!! I miss you. Hugs to all of you. xox from Atlanta.

Anonymous said...

Your expressions of heart were another priceless gift this Christmas - we all have so much to be thankful for with the most precious gift Jesus gave us all. We are so thankful for share this joy, hope and peace with you, and all our family. with love & gratitude, mom
ps Can hardly wait to see you all!
xoxoxo :)

Marla H. said...

Hope you had a great Christmas! Thanks for posting to my blog!