CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

ahhh, motherhood.

So I decided something on the way to the doctor's office this afternoon.

I have officially reached a new stage of parenthood when a trip to the doctor's office with just one baby feels as exciting and as good a time away as if someone offered me a day trip to chicago.

Ok.

That may be a slight exaggeration.

But only slight.



(picture borrowed from Jami - although our counter looks pretty similar)

Combine:

3 children with RSV (thankfully over)

+

(now) 3 girls with double ear infections (a goodbye present from RSV)

+

Daddy's Busy Season

+

Winter (enough said)?

And a trip to the doctor's office where I get to snuggle just one baby suddenly feels like quite the fun outing.

It's the little things - right?!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

its amazing what motherhood can do to our perspectives isn't it?! I'm so glad you guys survived RSV. And a hearty AMEN to being done with winter! It's only January!!! aahAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! we will make it Amber! love ya.

mom bahr said...

Here I come!!!! Can't wait to see you all in a couple of days - then grandma can take over the snuggles and hugs - and you can rest up!! :) Take care so you can stay well. praying for you all. love & hugs, mom

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry amb. If it helps - a chiropractor always helped clear my kids ear infections. Wish I lived closer - to let you snuggle the girls and I'd even cook for you - that is sisterly love!! xoxo