CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

wedding bells

Ryan's brother, David, got married last weekend (or by now, I suppose it's last, LAST weekend). He married a great girl, Tara, who we're all thrilled to have officially part of the family. Ava was SO excited to get a pretty white dress like Aunt Tara. For about 4 days in a row leading up to the wedding, she'd get COMPLETELY dressed and twirl around the house feeling beautiful. It was pretty fun.

It was a really great weekend mixed in with some reality moments (a tired mom and 3 kids, 2 and under, and a busy weekend - need I say more?). The important thing is that two very neat people were brought together by a great God and we couldn't be happier. Sorry for yet one more long post of pictures, but it's easier than splitting it up. So enjoy!

Seeing Aunt Tara for the first time

feeling beautiful
This is one of my favorite pictures of the weekend. I think I like it's simplicity.


And there's something about this picture that makes me smile.

The closest we got to a family picture

And what's a blog without some reality.
This is what a majority of picture taking on Saturday looked like: babies crying, straining to move and a big sister who wanted to look everywhere but at the photographer.

Which is a good lead in to this photo: a fine mother/daughter moment.


Pretty good-looking bridal party - huh?!

Ryan and I at the rehearsal dinner

Siblings. : )

Not the cutest picture of me - but I love it too much of Ava. It's the only picture I got of her in her curlers all weekend.

Olivia ready to party at the reception - this is her "cheese" face. Doesn't it make you laugh?


Aunt Callie and Olivia

Cutting the cake

Totally bribed my daughter to FINALLY look at the photographer with cake on Sunday. Whatever it takes. : ) My Ava loves herself some cake and the thought of going the entire reception without did the trick!

Awwww.

Kate having fun

Look!

Olivia didn't want to.


My parents came and helped me with the girls all weekend - I was so thankful!

How thankful I am for this man!

Mom and Dad took Kate and Olivia home part way through the reception. We let Ava stay and I was so glad. She finally relaxed and just had fun with it all. It was pretty fun hanging out with my little girl.

She's told us multiple times since the wedding that she's getting married too someday when she gets big. Daddy is the lucky groom every time.


Ava was in 7th heaven getting to hold her new little cousin, Annica. She was SO sweet.

I can still picture how sad her eyes got when I told her Annica had to go back home with her mommy and daddy. I love your mommy heart, Ava Cherise.

And then the fun really began.

Since she hadn't had enough sugar, we brought out some more cake.


And more.

And more.
At this point, I was about sick watching her. But hey - your uncle only gets married once!

Cozying up to Aunt Tara before the bouquet toss.


Getting ready for Uncle David and Aunt Tara to leave

On their way . . .

Congrats David and Tara!



And with that, it was time to go home and nap.



ALL OF US. : )

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I love, love, love that first picture of the 5 of you! SO darling! I agree, I love the simplicity of it. And you, my dear, look gorgeous!

Lots of fun pictures from the wedding! Loved seeing them all! You did a great job capturing the day. :)

sarah.flyingkites said...

These are great pics! I am so glad you posted them since we had to leave the wedding early :(

Your girls are beautiful!!

Jami said...

Love the pics Amber. You look so beautiful by the way! :)

Brooke said...

Great pictures! And what beautiful girlies (and Mommy!)

Unknown said...

adorable amber!! love these!!! how fun :) xoxo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.