CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

it's official . . .

Hold on to your hats.

We just officially heard back today.

We have two identical twin girls on our hands.

Quite the shocker - huh?! : )

I know some may wonder why we bothered to have a test run (I've agreed with most now for about the past 6 months that the girls were identical). But as a mom, it really bothered me to not be able to emphatically answer "yes" or "no" when people asked me if the girls were identical. Probably more so since my doctor hadn't been able to give me an official "yes" or "no"
based on my placenta when the girls were born.

So having an "official" answer just feels fun.

And even more fun to find out a day before their first birthday!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

So fun! And it makes me feel a little bit better the times when I can't tell right away who's who. (but usually observing the personality for a moment confirms it pretty quickly for me!)

Happy almost birthday, sweet girls!

Mindy said...

That is so fun! I would be glad to know if I were you too. :) I also agree with Brooke that it makes me feel better when I can't tell them apart. :)

Amber said...

I had almost written in my post that they may be identical . . .but their personalities are most definately not! What a fun pair - I love my girls. : )

Brooke - your strategy is probably the best one. . .wait a few minutes and you'll probably figure out who is who. : )

Unknown said...

oh how exciting! and i love how this is a day before these sweet girls turn 1 - i can't believe it amb!! you are amazing - and i love to see you in all of your girls!!! xoxo

mom Bahr said...

How exciting! Even though they may be identical, or similiar, in appearance...God truly made each of them special, as their personalities have been different from birth! They are a joy beyond words! Excited to see you all for the birthday celebration and then head for Florida together at Grandpa Maibach's. He can hardly wait till you all come! love & hugs, mom Bahr

L, Ann and boys said...

I think it's great you found out, they'll want to know for sure in a few years too =)

emilykate said...

I would have wanted to know for sure too...how fun! Well...hopefully they'll think so in a few years. :)

Haley said...

How fun! That is exciting to know! :-) They are so cute!!!!

Amber said...

Andrea, I agree! That was another big reason I wanted it done. I thought it would be so obnoxious to be a twin myself, and even though I was pretty sure, to not have that "official know" about something so big.