CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Go ahead . . .you can laugh

On our trip home from michigan, Ava and I got bumped (Daddy had to be back at work monday morning and couldn't volunteer).

When the flight attendant asked for volunteers, it was due to weight limits being over what is considered safe.

I don't know how many of you have ever flown on the small prop planes we take from Bloomington to Detroit, but there are times they will even move a half-full plane around to distribute the weight for safety reasons (comforting - huh?!?!). I've had it happen to me dozens of times and seen them bump people for the same reason.

I didn't think too much of it until I talked to Ryan after he landed.

When Ryan called me to let me know he had made it home safely he asked, "Hun, did the gate agent say anything more to you after the plane left?"

"No. Why?"

"Well she came back to the plane, counted people and left. But your seat next to me was empty the entire flight . . .and was the only empty seat."

"Yes . . .what are you trying to say?!?!??!" : )

This is when I can hear Ryan silently trying to guage my mood and emotional fragileness at the present moment.

"Go ahead, say it honey . .. .you're finding it humerous that the lady who got bumped due to weight limits being exceeded is the one who is pregnant with twins."

He was lucky.

I found it funny too.

I still do.

8 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

Oh my...I guess since you gave us permission to laugh I'll admitt I thought this was a pretty funny post. I'm preggers with ya though, they probably would have bumped me off the plane too. =o)

Ann

Anonymous said...

God bless a great sense of humor - but He also blessed our extra time with you, Ava and the 'twins'!! love, mom

Mindy said...

oh my Amber! That IS funny! Although I am suprised because seriously you are not big! It's suprising that the plane is that "touchy". You'd think they would account for that when they allow a certain number of seats to be filled on the plane.

Amber said...

Thanks MIndy . . .but I think what affects it so much as the wild card is people's luggage. So they book everyone but then depending on what type of luggage comes in affects how the plane carries the weight.

who knows though!

Mindy said...

OH yeah, that would make sense too... :)

Kasey said...

Amber, that is funny! Of course, because I can totally relate!!!

Jami said...

Amber - that is hilarious! You definately made me laugh.

I also love how you described Ryan as checking your emotional frailness before continuing! Thanks for making me smile today!! :)

Kristy said...

Very cute! Did you get a free plane ticket out of it? That is funny.