CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm back!

Whew.

I'm finally rejoining the land of blogging. I'm sure you were missing me SO much.

I have 3 different posts I could do today, but decided I better start with what I've been talking the most about lately: Ava's room!

It was a whirlwind of a week and weekend as we waded through the mess we'd made and finally came up with a much more organized upstairs and two rooms ready for little girls.

You see, the room Ava is moving into had kind of become my junk room.

I know you know what I"m talking about.

The room and closet you throw everything in when you don't want to deal with it, look at it or put it away where it really should go.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with one of those.

But losing that room means I had to deal with it all, look at it and finally put things where they should go (or at least KIND OF).

So I got to do some major reorganization this past week while Ryan cleaned carpets, finished painting and assembled pieces of furniture. Ava's heavy task work included spending a day at her Aunt Alisa's and saturday morning at Gpa and Gma Prevo's. Rough life - huh! It sure made the days more productive - so thanks all!

But both rooms for the girls are about as finished as they're going to get at this point. Ava's room has run out of money (and she's not offering to cough anymore up) : ).

And we're waiting on getting our second set of crib bedding for the twin's room as well as still need to put their letters up for their names. But the second crib is up (boy is that crazy to see!), all their clothes are put away and if they need to come home anytime soon, we're as ready as we're going to be. I'll put pictures up of their room when that is a little more completed.

But here's some pictures of Ava's room as it was assembled and as it is now.

And sorry, I didn't feel like straightening up the bed, picking up Ava's books or making it completely picture perfect. : )

the good news?

I LOVE it. And Ava seems to as well since it's one of the first places she wants to go when she wakes up in the morning.

When we put together her bed and added the bed rail, we realized we hadn't ordered the extra rail we need. So as soon as that comes in this week, Ava will officially move to the new room.

We'll let you know how it goes.

Ok, really, here's the photos now. : )

Here Ava is "helping" Daddy put together her new bed
Someone has to be quality control
Aunt Alisa and Grandma Bahr? Here's Ava saying "YAHOO" about her new bed!


More quality control

When Addy and Brynne came to get Ava on thursday Ava wanted to show them her room. Then she wanted them to climb on the bed with her and they all had to go to "sleep."
I think I see some future slumber parties in the making.



A view of the " completed" room - my goal is to add fun turquoise accessories and frames above her shelves and dresser

I know, all I had to do was get the extra dresser knobs and get them all painted. Notice what still isn't done?!?!?! : ) I had to save something for these next weeks!

Another view.

Ava's bookcase

And here's my UpperCase Living Expression - I LOVE IT!!!!
If you'd like one, I'd be glad to tell you how to get it (how's that for a shameless plug Brooke : ) )

That's all for now . . ..Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Ava's room is SO darling! I love it! You guys did a great job!

Brooke said...

Oh my goodness. It is SUCH a cute big girl room! So adorable! (And what a great UL expression!) :)

And can I just say every time that I see those girls (Addy and Brynne) I think they've grown a ton?! They are so big.

AND yes, we totally have that room... and that's supposed to be Annika's big girl room in a few months... so this will be us pretty soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

i love it!! how cute of the "3 girls!!!" xoxo

Anonymous said...

You did a great job - and alot of time and effort! Hopefully, Ava will love sleeping in here as much as in the nursery! Everything looks great! Hang in there! love, mom