CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 30, 2008

fun times with the girls . . .

One of my best friends from high school (6th grade to be more exact) is getting married at the end of July. This past weekend was both her personal shower and bridal shower and because of a great daddy who was willing to babysit . .. I got to go! It was so fun to see some old faces . . .and meet some new ones. I'm so happy for Jill, think Brian (her fiance) is a great guy and loved being able to be a part of the weekend. We won't go into the fact that I saw my life flash before my eyes saturday night . ..I think I'd prefer to save that story for yet another day.

before the tiger's game

Jill and I . ..I'm so thankful for her friendship! Between 6th grade and now, a lot of water has passed under the bridge. What a faithful (and gracious) God!
there's nothing quite like old friends!
at her bridal shower sunday
and for all you understanding moms out there . ..you'll be glad to hear that Ava didn't greet me at the airport walking. : )

5 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Looks like a blast! Klint is like Ryan, lets me go whenever I want...What a sport! So fun...

Mindy said...

Glad you had a fun time! Ryan told me about what happened at the Tigers game...yikes! You sure never think something like that is going to happen when you go to a game!

I'm also very thankful Ava didn't start walking yet! Now that you're home though, get that girly movin'!

Amber said...

aren't our guys great Sarah?!?!?! I told Ryan I felt so blessed that when I called home it was always just to connect . . .never because I was worried or checking up! We have some great daddy's!

and mindy - way to build the suspense for me!!! :)

I actually have to keep Ava "not" walking for one more week - my niece Sophie is PRAYING Ava will start when she sees her in michigan over the 4th! : ) - watch, she won't walk until September now that I've made a big deal about it!

emilykate said...

how fun to have a girls weekend! speaking of girls weekends...girls camp went well. i definitely had flashbacks of me when i would see certain girls and think...wow, that's exactly how i was. :) love ya!

Amber said...

Em - I have a feeling that for at least one of those girls there . . .you were exactly what the doctor or more aptly put, God, ordered for them.

He takes beauty from ashes . . .

love ya