CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's one of those days

Mommyhood feels hard today.

In fact, today just kind of feels hard.

It's one of those days.

Nothing comes easy.

Emotions easily flow . . .and they tend to be negative.

I can blame it on life circumstances.

I can blame it on some situations I've encountered/am dealing with and have been for a while.

I can blame it on hormones.

I can blame it on kids . . .really anything!

Yet the reality is, life goes on.

This afternoon was one of those days I sat down at my desk, just sat there and thought, "Lord, my hands and heart fill empty today. And on my own, I can't."

And in that moment, the simplest of memory verses I've known since a child was whispered to me:

"I can do EVERYTHING through HIM who gives me strength."


Praying your day knows HIS perfect strength today too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did you purchase the guard rail for Ava's big girl bed? if you chould shoot me an email at
jlynnr_03@hotmail.com, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Jessica

Krista said...

Amber, it's been one of those MONTHS for me!!! I was listening to my radio today and heard one line of a song, "I can't do this alone, Lord I need to you to hold on to me." So I've just been resting in the fact that HE is holding ME. I am so grateful that it's not really about how well I am doing anything at all. God is totally awesome. Thanks for your words and reminder, too.