CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

A prayer request

Yesterday afternoon/last night proved to be a more slightly eventful night than we planned for as we got to spend it in Bromenn's finest er.



And not because of babies . . .because of me.



Since we've come home from the hospital, I've been experiencing alot of discomfort in my right leg, as well as uncomfortable tightness in my chest when I would lay flat. The tightness would get increasingly uncomfortable as I moved to an upright position and then dissapate fairly shortly once I'm upright. It only returns once I get in a more prone position again.



So with worries of a possible blood clot, we called Dr. Nord and he sent me straight into the ER.



My mom was at my sister's in Goodfield and Ava was up at Gpa Prevo's in Gridley, so with needing to go straight in, the girls got to come along until Mom could meet us there.



Let me tell you, it is SO comforting taking your 5 day old daughters into an ER full of sick people with who knows what.

cough.

please note extreme level of sarcasm within that last statement.



Yet amazingly, God was in the details and the receptionist there had triplets of her own at home and when she saw us and talked to Ryan, arranged for us to be taken back to a closed off room within 5 minutes of arriving to wait for the Dr. and let me nurse the girls.



It made for a long wait all evening in one room . . .but at least I didn't have to sit there amongst who knows what with our little girls.



To make a LONG story short (or maybe that was just the evening that was so long), after an ultrasound of my leg and cat scan of my chest area, they cleared me of any blood clots.



That is good news.



Yet frustrating.



My leg is better this morning (at this point I think it may be a pinched nerve) but the tightness and level of discomfort is still there in my chest, especially as I transition for laying down to upright (even with sleeping pretty elevated).



I go into Dr. Nord's tomorrow and am hoping we can figure something more out then.



Yet, what is a little harder for me is the fact that for 24 hours I can't nurse.



I know it sounds sillly and just 24 hours.



But I've worked really hard to be able to nurse and had been feeling so thankful how well the girls were doing. That had been a huge answered prayer for myself.



To stop for such a period of time with them so little and give them bottles makes it hard not to worry how they'll do when we try to go back to nursing.



I am obviously pumping which should keep my supply up for them.



So I thought I'd throw everything out there and ask for your prayers.



Prayers, obviously, that everything with my chest discomfort/tightness can be figured out, addressed and resolved. It's not the most settling problem to be dealing with.



But then prayers, also, that these little girls can adjust yet once more and continue to nurse again well. I'm a little nervous how they'll do after the ease of the bottle. Yet I know they are little and that they completely are capable - it's just mommy nerves. : )


Oh, and if you wouldn't mind adding in a prayer that our girls didn't pick up any awful germs during their little adventure, I'd be extremely grateful as well.


Until then, I guess I go back to the verse God really spoke to my heart the night before the girls were born, Psalm 9:10. I love the American Standard's version of it:



"And they that know Thy name will put their trust in Thee. For Thou, Jehovah, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee."

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber we are praying for you and your sweet family!! I pray the doctor will have great wisdom to figure out any problems and how to help you.

Love you and lifting you up,

Sara

Katie said...

Praying for you and those little babies.

Jessica said...

Oh Amber, I just prayed for you and the girls. Keep us updated (I know you will!) as we will be anxious to hear how everything went with the Dr. Your in good hands with Him ;)

Mindy said...

I am praying for you and the girls! Please keep us updated on what happens! Love you!

Mama Runner said...

We'll be praying, too. If you have any trouble getting the girls back to the breast, give me a call. I have lots of resources for you if you need them.

Brooke said...

Oh goodness. Hang in there, and we'll be praying! God certainly has provided this far, and I know you won't be left hanging. :)

Jenna said...

Amber, what trauma so soon after birth. I had my little boy last Monday, while feeding him at night I try and pray for all the new mommies I can think of that are awake at night. I will add you to the list!

Anonymous said...

Praying all goes well tomorrow! And congrats on the girls! I don't think I've commented on them yet - they are so precious!
~Alissa

Sandra said...

what adorable little girls you have!! I love Olivia's middle name Mae...thats my middle name:)
I was reading this entry and thought...oh no...she has a blood clot. Glad you thought the same thing to go rule it out. They thought I had one with the birth of Caden, however I didn't and I am thankful that you don't have one as well. Scary. I'll be praying that this subsides or that the doc can figure out what it is and get it resolved. Congrats on those two very cutie pies. A house full of girls...sounds like some drama will take place there:) Enjoy them...you know they grow fast.

Anonymous said...

Amber - I have been praying for you all day. I hope they figure out what is going on with the chest tightness - and thank God that there are no blood clots. Don't worry about the nursing (I know, easier said than done) but it's only 24 hours and they will go back to nursing just fine, but we will throw a few extra prayers out for that as well. Take care of yourself, and if you need anything don't hesitate to ask. Prayer to you and your family.

Marie Stork said...

Oh I'm late catching up on blogs tonight so I will keep you in our prayers for sure! I'm so glad you went right in...and your little bundles were protected within 5mintues. That was very sweet of the triage nurse. I pray all goes well tomorrow and that God will work all the details off. This verse came to mind because I've been praying it every day for a few weeks...."It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man." Psalms 118:8
Blessings and prayers-Marie

Anonymous said...

praying for you and your family. so thankful you are checking this out. may your doctors be given insight & wisdom for your care. also praying that your darling babies will adjust and re-adjust. =) praying for you to be blessed with His peace, teresa c

Kristy said...

Oh, Amber. We are praying.
Love ya,
Kristy

Nog Blog said...

We had a handout at our latest staff meeting about how to bottle breastfed babies so that they will adjust back to the breast more easily. If you haven't been able to return to breastfeeding yet, let me know and I can share the info with you. djknob@comcast.net