CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fourth of July Fun Part Two

When you never get the chance to live near your sisters, there is something simple and super sweet about getting to take a morning walk with one.

Ava getting to do one of her favorite things - play horses with Papa. I think they are two kindred spirits.


Amy usually makes it here once a year.  And there seems to be a theme that I will talk with her for an entire year about some house projects and they don't get done.  Yet she comes in town and it is the incentive we need.  I had been wanting to do a picture wall above our sectional in our one room but just never got around to finding what I wanted.  Wouldn't you know she was here and I found the exact mix of frames I liked . . .and then because she was still here we actually took the time to also get them on the wall. : )


Finding the right spots. I told her I would wait until next year to get the pictures in them.  You think I am joking.  It may take that long.


Thursday morning we headed to a nearby local parade that is always great for the kids: lots to see and lots of candy. :)  Made even more fun by meeting up with friends.


Grandma and Ava snuggling


Sophie and Olivia


Amy and me


Love these girls


We always take pictures of our girls but never with us moms


Mom, Amy and me


my favorite guy in a orphan care t?  doesn't get better than that. : )


Ken, Dad and Ryan

our family


The whole crew - the only downside was mom and dad had to head for home when the parade was done


Friends


Grandma and her girls (and their candy stash)


After mom and dad headed out, we relaxed for the afternoon at our home. Then we headed to enjoy our second annual "fresh market" picnic at a local fourth of july concert before fireworks at night.

Kate and Olivia happily holding their own pops


Mommy and Ava


The concert in action


These two loved it.  And I mean love.  I really should love a video I have of them dancing.  Next year I need to put them in it.

Cousins!


And what better way to end it than some fireworks fun with Daddy!


Happy Fourth of July!

1 comments:

mom Bahr said...

You and Ryan were wonderful host for all the family for the whole week - a memorable and great time to be together! I always cherish those time to connect and make memories together!