CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Random

Disclaimer:
Ok, so I was trying to post and was all finished . . .and accidentally erased this next photo. When I reuploaded . . .I couldn't (aka: didn't know how) put it back to the bottom of the post and am too lazy to redo the whole post. So when you read, "Here's a bettter angle" . . ..scroll back up, view this picture again, and finish post in correct order. Sigh . . .my brain can only handle so much in a day.


Ive been slightly uninspired for the blog world lately. So sorry for my long absences. Not too much to post. Ava is at a stage where she sees the camera, smiles and runs . . .and I"m too tired to chase her! : ) I must confess that napping takes up much of our day!

We did just get back from a very fun, long weekend in Michigan. Ava got to party at Grandpa and Grandma Bahr's while Mommy and Daddy got to go enjoy a "Weekend to Remember" Conference. Bonus? I even got to enjoy fresh Michigan Cidar Mill spice donuts, caramel apples and cidar friday before the conference started. A weekend away with my husband AND indulging in food? - this pregnant lady was quite happy! : ) There isn't much that beats Michigan in the fall!



The time away with Ryan was great. I had to think so often how perfectly God planned the timing of the conference with so many upcoming changes to process and pray through as a couple. The most exciting part that was confirmed for me? I've been blessed with a man whose love, strength and leadership makes all these upcoming changes something I can't wait for. Thanks for such a great weekend lover! I'd post pictures but . . .I forgot the camera.

Ava has had an exciting week so far. She decided to take on our furniture . . .and lost.

(By the way Dad, we were calling "Papa" here!)

So it doesn't look SO bad in these pictures. I've tried and tried to get a picture that does her bruiser justice but did I mention she likes to run from the camera (either that or grab it!)?
Here's a slightly better angle to see the goose egg she got. Keep in mind, these pictures are 24 hours after the fact and the swelling has gone down slightly. She doesn't seem to be fazed. It's more mommy that worries. I'm very thankful we didn't have to go get stiches though!

And yet on another random note, Ava is looking alot like Ryan again to me lately (yes, I know, there are those of you that think I can't be found in my daughter's features . . .but I promise, I am there (or is that just mommy's wishful thinking?!)).

It's so fun (and a little sad) to see her continue to change into more and more of a little girl. I continue to love the little person I see emerging. I also have to think that at least carrying twins increases the odds of having a child that looks a little more like me. But hey, I like how their daddy looks so we can't go wrong!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Poor little Ava! Bumps and bruises(especially to the head) just make you hurt for your little one!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the conference!

Brooke said...

I can attest that that purple thing on her head is scary looking- glad she is okay!

Thanks for not posting "lover" pictures...that sounds a little sketchy!

But I'm glad the Weekend to Remember was so great...I think every marriage can benefit from it.

Amber said...

Hey now . . .don't make a post sketchy that wasn't supposed to be!!!

Those two items were separate comments. As in "thanks for a great weekend." and "I forgot my camera." ; )

only you . ..

Katie said...

That is huge, what happened.


What a great weekend for you and Rayn and the twins. I can not wait until they are born.

Mrs. Hany said...

Sweet girl!!! I hope her head feels better. Don't worry about looks, number one looks nothing like me and number two is all mine!!! So with two and three on the way your bound to get a looker!!!