CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

getting sentimental

Last night Ava woke up during the night. She rarely, if ever, does this. So this mommy took the rare chance to have some extra snuggle time and spent a little while rocking my little girl back to sleep.

I got a little sentimental.

As I held my little girl, I realized very quickly how she takes up a much larger portion of my lap. It seemed like yesterday she was a newborn baby we just brought home. She's quickly turning into a little girl . . .and we're making way to bring new babies home.

Then I got a little more sentimental.

I thought how much I love just "her and I." How I've had the priceless gift of a whole year where we were a team and she was my one companion throughout each day. There was nothing that stopped us from snuggling up on the couch to read book after book without a care in the world.

I have to admit, I got a little sad that in not so long, it won't be just her and I.

Don't get me wrong. I'm so thrilled our family is growing and praise God that we can give Ava siblings! I know, like with each new transition, there will be so many more blessings that come with the changes. I know, much sooner than later, Ava will be snuggling up with her brothers/sisters on the couch to READ THEM a book and I'll be capturing that moment in my heart as well with as much sentimentality.

Yet last night, I have to admit, I treasured that it was just one more night of just Ava and me.

As I laid her back in bed, I decided I needed to capture her in the moment and went and grabbed my camera. And as I looked at the picture I had to smile and think, "oh, her mommy is in her."

A past picture taken came to mind:

and then several more to make my case:




last night?

I love you Ava Cherise.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

oh, tears in my eyes... so sweet.

Mindy said...

Aww, how darling! It's great that you appreciate this time that you have with just her, but you are right...the blessings just multiply with more children! And it is so wonderful when you see your children having fun and playing together. It just warms your heart!

sarah.flyingkites said...

What a sweet post, Amber! Ava is a beauty!

Kasey said...

So sweet Amber! You and Ava are quite the cute little two-some! This post makes me really excited to meet my little peanut. We will be praying for you as you make room in your hearts for two more!

Tater & Haley said...

I know what you mean Amber. I went through the exact thing with Landon when we were expecting Elle. I loved my alone times with him. I will always cherish those times that it just was Landon and I. Now that Elle is born, I can't imagine it any other way. I love it.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed this blog.....and I understand how you feel - seems like just a few years ago that little girl was you! I am so grateful for you - as our little girl, and even moreso now for the beautiful mother you are with precious little Ava and the little blessings you are expecting. love you forever and always, mom