CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

a little of everything

It is official - I have diagnosed myself with a case of post-vacation blues as the reality of daddy back to work, full-time mommying and piles of clothes waiting to be put away all hit me with full force today. The gloomy day didn't help . . .or the whiny child who after a week and a half of constant attention thought her day should be spent attached to her mother's leg. However, after how we've hauled her around, I think she's earned the right to whine. : ) She won baby of the year award with all the traveling. However, I much prefer her crabby now than then!!

But enough of the grumps! On a positive note - Ava and I made it through the day, I managed to hit a work out class after a week and a half of eating lots of fun stuff (the first one back is ALWAYS ugly!) and even got the piles of clothes put away. I'll take what I can get!

I've also decided that I win the award for worst documentation of a vacation. Ask me how many pictures I took? EIGHT. Grandpa and Grandma Prevo need to email me any they took (although I don't remember them taking many either!!). Here's a few of ones I did get, as well as some fun pictures from our long weekend. Enjoy!


First stop? Grandpa and Grandma Bahr's in Michigan! Ava looks
so sad Mom and Dad are about to leave for the day (sarcasm).
We went to the wedding of one of my good high school friends (and I didn't even get a picture of Keri and I!!!). We also didn't manage to get a picture before we left while the sun was still shining. Here's one of snapshots we did get of Ryan and I after we were home for the night. Stop #2: Wisconsin with the Prevo's!
The weather was a little cool at times so we had lots of fun play time inside. I don't think Ava ever cared though with so many fun people to play with!!! Hmmm . . .which book should I read now.
Ava thinks Aunt Callie is pretty cool! However, if you ever hear my daughter screech in church - blame her aunt, not her mom!!! I think Ava thinks its their own secret language. I love how seriously she's playing cards here!
They start them young - what can I say?!?! On to the weekend - Fun times with friends!!

Noah and Ava had a blast splashing. They were COMPLETELY soaked when finished. That's what makes it fun though - right?!!
Noah thought Ava needed a drink too!
Talk about stages of life!!! This was too funny to pass up the photo opp!
My "helper." As soon as Ava even hears me open the dishwasher, she scurries over to climb on fast as she can. Aunt Callie - this was when Ava was waving to you on the phone!

10 comments:

Mindy said...

Ava is too funny! I love that picture of her on the dishwasher!

Noah had so much fun splashing at your house! He and Ava are quite the pair! (An adorable pair, if I do say so myself!) I love the picture of the boys feeding the babies...too cute! My how times change!

sarah.flyingkites said...

Great pictures Amber! I am glad you had a fun trip...and that Ava was so good!

emilykate said...

you're back! great pics!

Anonymous said...

my screamin buddy is pretty cute! i miss not screaming our "good mornings" to eachother : )

Jami said...

Hey Amber! Glad you had a good time! I LOVE that Ava girl! :)

Brooke said...

She is too stinkin' cute! Such a fun girl.

And I love that picture of you two... reminds me of a Homecoming/Prom picture, in front of the fireplace! You look great!

Marie Stork said...

New to blogging...found your blog and love your pictures! Ava is a doll!

Amber said...

Brooke - you're so right, that one shot of Ryan and I DOES remind me of a dance picture - too funny!!!

and welcome Marie - glad you joined us!! : )

Kristy said...

Great pictures- welcome home again!

Anonymous said...

We were so busy having fun with Avan that we didn't take many pictures either - thanks for sharing what you DID have! lonesome already...but counting the days to have you back this month! love & hugs, mom