CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 4, 2008

call me a copy cat

I've had so much fun reading others' posts like this and so here you go . . ..

7 Random Things

1. This semester I started (Very part-time) back to school for my Masters of Art in Counseling at Lincoln Christian College's Seminary. How God is going to use this? - I'm not quite sure yet. This has been a step of faith. My heart is in more intensive residential style treatment but I don't have a desire to ever work full time away from home. So since this will be a very long process (I'd like to maintain a sane household and marriage), I've leaving the end of this journey to God. I couldn't do this without a husband who at times I feel God has given a greater passion for me to pursue this than I have and a willingess to pick up my loose ends - he is a gift.

2. Speaking of school - when I went back to finish my bachelor's degree after Ryan and I were married, I started having a recurrent "nightmare:" It my senior year of high school and due to some struggles in my life, I am fighting to be able to graduate and not have to be heldback another year (and may I mention I'm engaged to Ryan too in my nightmare?!?!?!). It's awful. Crazy thing? It stopped when I graduated. Crazier thing? It's come back since I went back to school for my master's!

3. As I've gotten "older" I have become more introverted and more of a homebody. I'm not sure if this comes from being put more out of my element (and therefore not as comfortable) or just my personality evolving from some hard experiences I've been through. I believe it's some of both. People knowing me, especially growing up, can be surprised by this at times as they would consider me a "people person". It's made transitioning into what seems like a very large church (I grew up in Detroit) a rollercoaster at times. I'm working on making myself step out more. Mark's family night on fellowship was good for my heart to hear the other night. Hmmm . . .I think that one will count for #4 too.

5. I've been much more of a "Clingy" mom than I expected to be (or said I would be). Maybe that's not the right word but for now that's what I'll use. I don't care who holds her. I don't care if I don't see her. It's not that I really worry others will do something wrong . . .I just don't always feel like leaving Ava. I still prefer to hold her myself. I knew I'd love being a mom but I think I was unprepared (as I think any mom is) how incredibly fun and awesome of an experience it is. So it's not always fun for me to leave her. I always enjoy the time away, it's just thinking about it before hand that sometimes it sounds more fun to stay home as a family or as her and I. I do, I have, and I will continue to - for my marriage. For my sanity. For her. I'm also not niave enough to think it will always stay this way. : )

6. It is a big struggle at times for me to live far away from my mom.

7. Wow - some of those were a little deeper than I intended. : ) So let's see . . .I love broadway. In my dream world I am an incredibly talented singer and dancer with a starring roll in a hit broadway show. Like I said, my dream world. I told Ryan I would settle for a long wknd sometime where we hit as many broadway shows as possible each day. : )

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Good ones Amber! I totally agree that I was suprised too how I was more of a "clingy" mom than I expected. :) I am very pro "leave your kids and have a weekend away with your spouse", but when it came my turn to leave Noah overnight for the first time, it was so much more difficult than I thought! I was fine once I was gone, but the anticipation of the unknown was hard for me. Although, as he's gotten older it has gotten easier for me and I definately look forward to leaving him and having time for just Michael and I. I will also say that part of what made is so hard to leave him in the beginning was the fact that it was harder on Michael than it was on me! I've been floored at how attached he is to Noah. Even now it is hard for him to leave Noah, just because he misses him so much when we are away. He needs his time with his little boy! Which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy at how much he loves Noah. :)

Jami said...

thanks for sharing Amber! I love the last one! I'll come to your first broadway show...just let me know when it is! :)

emilykate said...

Thanks for sharing - you're the best!